Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Saying Goodbye

The time has come...

to say goodbye to Upire, El Salvador, and my Peace Corps life. The goodbye process was difficult and just plain weird. I could not quite grasp my impending departure so I ended up just telling people I would see them later or tomorrow. That made it easier. I have grown accustomed to approaching goodbyes bye just ignoring them and acting like it is not actually happening. Seems to work...

Basically, all of August I have spent time just hanging out, going on random trips, hugging people, and trying to stop tears from flowing (mine and my community members).

These are just pictures of me saying goodbye to my peeps. I promise a more lengthy post documenting the actual mental and emotional process shortly.










Obligatory pensive picture...


No comments:

Post a Comment